Every business aims to scale up and make as much profit as possible and e-commerce is one of the best ways to achieve that. E-commerce platforms have provided an opportunity for businesses to leverage already prepared software to reach a wider range of customers. So instead of building one from scratch, you can register on any e-commerce platform and choose from a catalog of already prepared templates to set up your online store. It’s that simple.
When choosing an e-commerce platform, it is very vital to go for one that will suit your business needs. However, there are several e-commerce platforms that you may be wondering which one will work best for your business. X-rayed in this article are 6 best e-commerce platforms you can consider making use of in 2021.
Previously, if you wanted to take your business online, you had to put so many things into consideration. From hiring a team of designers to working with a group of site developers, the requirements for setting up your store may seem endless. Core commerce offers you a beautiful way out of the technicalities involved in setting up your store for a small monthly fee of $24.99. You can even try it out for free for 15 days and cancel if you are not satisfied.
Your store can be up and running in a matter of minutes with core commerce. The homepage is user-friendly, coupled with product listing options, quality images, and very responsive customer support. With core commerce, you can keep tabs on traffic and sales. It doesn’t just end at that. It also makes provision for credit card transactions using different payment gateways. Shipping and tracking of orders have also been made easy as everything is automated.
- Core commerce has a very responsive customer support team.
- A user-friendly interface
- All the e-commerce features are readily available at an affordable price.
- It does not segment customers based on their geographical location.
- Does not provide enough data to identify and filter fraudulent orders.
This is one of the big players when you talk of e-commerce platforms. Known as a leading e-commerce platform, BigCommerce provides businesses with the necessary tools needed not just to create online stores, but to manage and grow them. With a user-friendly interface, as well as inbuilt features that are very advanced, BigCommerce makes owning an online store attractive.
All the features offered by BigCommerce are available for $29.95 per month with a 30 days free trial. Some of the features offered by BigCommerce include a built-in SEO, customizable templates, shipping and payment management tools, point of sale (POS) solutions as well as tools for measuring conversion rates from marketing efforts.
- Great user interface
- Highly responsive customer support system
- Offers users full access to customer’s database
- Makes processing of payment simple.
- Few shipping options
- Theme customization is quite difficult
- The product options app can only perform basic operations.
#3.Blue Host + WooCommerce
If you already have a WordPress website and you are looking for how to integrate your business into it, then blue host + WooCommerce is your best shot. With plugins that are free and very easy to install, having an e-commerce store has been made as easy as a walk in the garden.
This e-commerce platform offers users the opportunity to choose from different plans depending on their preference and budget. With customizable themes and customer and sales management tools readily available to the user, running an online store has been made possible even with little or no technical skills.
- The two plans offered gives the users the luxury of choice.
- Varied customizable themes for users to choose from.
- There is optimal security
- Third-party plugins are required to make the most of the platform
- The third-party plugins take up space thereby slowing down the performance speed.
It would be quite impossible to talk about the best e-commerce platforms without mentioning Shopify. As an all-encompassing e-commerce platform, Shopify provides you with an online store that you can use to market, sell and even deliver your products to buyers.
With different payment plans available on the platform, users are allowed to choose a plan that best suits them. Some of the features that you get as a result of subscribing are good web hosting, varied and customizable design as well as an administration panel that allows you to manage your customer database.
- Varied themes that are easy to customize
- A user-friendly interface
- Point of sale (POS) functionality.
- The payment gateway accepts multiple currencies.
- You won’t be able to resize images once uploaded.
#5. Shift4shop (3dcart)
Shift4shop at some point was known as 3dcard. As an e-commerce platform aiming at providing businesses a simpler way to develop and utilize online stores, Shift4shop has stayed true to its promises. Anything a business will need to have a secure online store and scale up its sales is readily available on the Shift4shop platform.
Features you can easily find include customizable design templates, search engine optimization tools, and even avenues to harness social media. With Shift4shop, you can easily take product inventory, manage orders and market your products to customers.
- A user-friendly interface
- The platform is search engine optimized.
- Customizable themes
- No transaction fees required
- The customer support is not very responsive.
- There are concerns about the payment gateways used.
Though Wix is popularly known as a website builder, it is also a powerful e-commerce platform. With Wix, you can easily set up your e-commerce store with fewer hassles even if you have little or no coding skills. All you have to do is select the templates you want and follow the prompt. With Wix, you can manage your inventory as well as add payment gateways that you can receive payment with.
- A very user-friendly interface
- Varied customizable templates to choose from.
- It may be difficult adding complex plugins.
E-commerce platforms are the easiest ways to get your business online without the complexities involved in building an online store from scratch. Choosing an of these 6 best e-commerce platforms will help you get started on the right part.